February 2, 2015 (Celebrated in Parishes February 7-8)
In 1997, Pope John Paul II instituted a day of prayer for women and men in consecrated life. This celebration is attached to the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord on February 2nd. This Feast is also known as Candlemas Day; the day on which candles are blessed symbolizing Christ who is the light of the world. So too, those in consecrated life are called to reflect light of Jesus Christ to all peoples. The celebration of World Day for Consecrated Life is transferred to the following Sunday in order to highlight the gift of consecrated persons for the whole Church.
Resources to help you promote World Day for Consecrated LifeResources to help you promote World Day for Consecrated Life
Prayers of the Faithful
For those consecrated to God by the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience that they may seek to live their baptismal promises more intensely and have the grace to persevere in their commitment to the Lord and serve with open hearts and willing spirits. We pray to the Lord…
For those who have responded to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to be a consecrated person that they may experience the support of the Church as they continue their growth in holiness. We pray to the Lord…
Short bulletin quote
World Day for Consecrated Life will be celebrated in the Church on Monday, February 2, 2015 and in parishes on the weekend of February 7-8, 2015. Please pray for all those who have made commitments in the consecrated life, and be sure to thank them on their special day. May they continue to be inspired by Jesus Christ and respond generously to God's gift of their vocation.
- 2015.01.17 11:47 - Thousands to Pray for End to Abortion at National Prayer Vigil for Life...
- 2015.01.10 11:55 - 9 Days for Life Unites Faithful in Prayer, Action around Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
- 2014.12.31 17:07 - National Migration Week 2015 To Be Celebrated January 4-10
- 2014.11.22 11:57 - The Pastoral Needs of Asian and Pacific Island Catholics in the United States
- 2014.09.27 09:30 - 2014-2015 Synods of Bishops on the Family
- 2014.09.13 13:02 - Catechetical Sunday September 21, 2014
- 2014.09.09 17:03 - September 11: PATRIOT DAY
- 2014.08.26 17:14 - Labor Day Statement 2014
- 2014.08.16 21:50 - Pope's Address to Young People of Asia
- 2014.06.28 08:18 - Working Document for Upcoming Synod on the Family